The Samsung Galaxy S8 is a gorgeous big-screen phone with a comfortable single-handed feel, and it’s packed with top-notch components and promising new software. Recently, Samsung has extended its update promise to three years of upgrades and four years of patches, but that extension only applies to phones from 2019 or later. The Samsung Galaxy S8 came out in 2017, so it clearly falls outside of that window. Therefore, we expected it to have stopped receiving updates by now.
Getting the most out of your Samsung smartphone requires some understanding of how to use it. That’s where having the owner’s manual comes in handy. With proper usage, there is less risk of damage, and you’ll learn how to get the most out of it.
Please be sure to read and save the entire manual before using your Samsung Galaxy S8. Misuse may damage the unit and/or cause harm or serious injury. Read this manual in its entirety before using the unit, and save it for future reference.
|Gorgeous screen||Awkward fingerprint scanner placement|
|Best processor and modem available||Average battery life|
- Content (high-quality content) that requires high CPU and RAM usage will affect the overall performance of the device. Apps related to the content may not work properly depending on the device’s specifications and the environment that it is used.
- Samsung is not liable for performance issues caused by apps supplied by providers other than Samsung.
- Samsung is not liable for performance issues or incompatibilities caused by edited registry settings or modified operating system software. Attempting to customize the operating system may cause the device or apps to work improperly.
- Software, sound sources, wallpapers, images, and other media provided with this device are licensed for limited use. Extracting and using these materials for commercial or other purposes is an infringement of copyright laws. Users are entirely responsible for the illegal use of media.
- You may incur additional charges for data services, such as messaging, uploading and downloading, auto-syncing, or using location services depending on your data plan. For large data transfers, it is recommended to use the Wi-Fi feature.
- Default apps that come with the device are subject to updates and may no longer be supported without prior notice. If you have questions about an app provided with the device, contact a Samsung Service Center. For user-installed apps, contact service providers.
|Dimensions:||148,9 x 68,1 x 8 mm|
|Standard battery:||Li-Ion 3000 mAh|
|Talk time (max.):||3G: 20 h|
|Internal memory:||64 GB|
|RAM memory:||4 GB|
|Memory cards:||microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC (max 256 GB)|
|Operating system:||Android 7.0 Nougat|
|Processor:||Samsung Exynos 8895 2,30 GHz|
Number of cores: 8
|GPU:||ARM Mali-G71 @550 MHz|
|Waterproofness & dust resistance:||IP68|