The GoPro HERO 8 manual is a useful resource for learning about all the features and functions of your action cam. It can help you troubleshoot problems, customize settings, and optimize its performance. With proper usage, there is less risk of damage, and you’ll learn how to get the most out of it.
Manuals for the GoPro HERO 8 and MAX
|File size||4.7 MB|
Please be sure to read and save the entire manual before using or installing your GoPro HERO 8. Misuse may damage the unit or cause harm or serious injury. Read this manual in its entirety before using the unit, and save it for future reference.
A GoPro is a small camera that takes the best qualities of point-and-shoots and camcorders and packs them into a rugged frame that’s smaller, waterproof, and virtually indestructible. GoPro has announced two new cameras — the GoPro HERO 8 and MAX and we have sourced the user guides for both.
GoPro HERO 8 FAQ
How do you set up a GoPro?
On the camera, press the shutter button to select the “GoPro App.” On the app, complete these steps: Tap “Continue.” Enter the PIN listed on the camera’s LCD screen, then tap “Pair.”
Open the GoPro App:
From the home page, tap the icon in the top left corner.
Tap on “Add A Camera” (iOS), “Camera” (Android)
Can I use my phone to control the GoPro?
The GoPro App for mobile makes it easy to control your camera remotely, view your photos and videos, and share your favorites. You can adjust camera settings and use your phone, tablet, or Apple Watch as a viewfinder to frame the perfect shot.
Does the GoPro require Wi-Fi?
You don’t need an external Internet connection in order to connect the camera to the GoPro app. The camera itself creates its own wifi signal that your phone can pair to so your phone can communicate with your camera.
How do you record on the GoPro?
Select the desired camera mode with the touch display or the Mode button. GoPro takes a photo. To see all of the commands, go to Preferences > List of Commands. Press the Shutter button to start and stop recording. TIP: If you are recording video or time-lapse, stop recording before issuing a new command.
A new SuperView ultra-wide camera mode on the MAX can fit more of the scene into pictures and videos and can live stream in 1080p. It also offers an option that lets you automatically back up your videos and photos to the cloud. It has no less than six microphones, which GoPro says will offer the “best stereo sound ever”.
GoPro HERO 8 Specifications
- Weight: 126g (no frame required)
- Dimensions: 66.3W x 48.6H x 28.4D (mm)
- Video: 4K60, 2.7K120, 1080P240Â
- Photo: 12MP
- Max video bitrate: 100Mbps (4K)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- App: GoPro App integrated with Quik
- SoC: GP1 Chip
- Digital lenses: SuperView, Wide, Linear, Narrow
- Burst: 12MP 3, 5, 10, and 30fps with burst options of 1, 3, 6 and 10 seconds
- Time Lapse: 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30-second and 1, 2, 5 and 30-minute intervals
- TimeWarp 2.0: 2x, 5x,10x 15x and 30x recording speeds
- Night Lapse: 4, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30-second and 1, 2, 5 and 30-minute intervals
- Touchscreen: Intuitive 2-inch LCD
- Waterproofing: 10m (33ft) without a case
- GPS: Yes
- Voice control: Yes
- Microphones: three
- Battery: removable 1220mAh lithium-ion
- Stabilization: HyperSmooth 2.0 with High and Boost options
- HDR: SuperPhoto, auto HDR processing
- Live Streaming: Yes, via the app
- Other: Portrait mode, auto orientation
- Memory storage: microSD with at least class 10 or UHS-I rating