If you’re looking for a comprehensive guide to operating the 64s GPS, look no further than the official Garmin 64s manual. The manual provides detailed information about the features and functions of this GPS, as well as instructions for how to use it. The manual also includes troubleshooting information and other important information to help you get the most out of your 64s.
|File size||2 MB|
For safe and optimum performance, the Garmin 64s GPS must be used properly. Carefully read and follow all instructions and guidelines in this manual and give special attention to the CAUTION and WARNING statements. Misuse may damage the unit or cause harm or serious injury.
Features of the Garmin 64s
The Garmin GPS MAPS 64s is a handheld GPS device that is designed for use in outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, and geocaching. It features a 2.6-inch color display, a high-sensitivity GPS receiver, and an electronic compass. It also has a built-in barometric altimeter, which can be used to track changes in elevation, as well as a variety of other features such as preloaded topographic maps, a track manager, and a geocaching mode. The GPSMAP 64s is rugged and waterproof, making it ideal for use in challenging environments.
- Button controls are glove-friendly.
- Built-in 3-axis compass with tilt compensation for accuracy on the go or at rest.
- A Barometric altimeter tracks pressure changes for more accurate altitude readings and monitoring weather trends.
- Displays Smart Notifications from smartphones via 2.4GHz ANT+ or Bluetooth 4.0 so you can keep your phone out of the weather.
- Pairs with optional HRM strap, Foot Pod or Speed, and Cadence sensors for workouts.
- Preloaded with geocaches from geocaching.com.
- Accepts free BaseCamp software to display topographic maps with contour lines and elevation profiles on your computer.
- Compatible with Garmin Custom Maps, which converts paper and electronic maps easily into downloadable maps for your device.
- An optional NiMH battery pack (available separately) can be charged while inside the device.
- A basic base map is included.
- 4GB built-in memory for loading detailed maps.
- Accepts microSD card for memory expansion (not included).
- Includes a carabiner clip, USB cable, and user manual.
In total, the unit features ten large and easy-to-use buttons. They work well with both thick and thin gloves. Of all the buttoned units tested, we felt like this was one of the easiest to get to know and understand.
Garmin 64s FAQ
What is the difference between Garmin Gpsmap 64s and 64st?
The primary difference between the two is color; the 64s feature orange accents, while the 64st features grey accents. They are functionally equivalent.
How accurate are Garmin Gpsmap 64s?
The 64s is said to be accurate to within 9 feet.
Is the Garmin 64s waterproof?
Does Garmin 64s have SOS?
No. There is no radio transmitter in this unit.
You can find the manual on Garmin’s website or you can contact Garmin customer support and they will be able to provide you with a copy of the manual.