The iPhone 14 Series promises a significant upgrade, not only in performance but also in design. Reportedly, the successor of the iPhone 13 series will give birth to four series at once, namely the iPhone 14, 14 Max, 14 Pro, and 14 Pro Max.
The iPhone 14 was released on September 16, 2022.
iPhone 14 Specifications
- Memory 128 GB, 256 GB and 512 GB
- 6.1-inch body size: 5.78 inches x 2.82 inches x 0.31 inches Screen technology: super retina XDR display, HDR display, wide color (P3)
- A15 Bionic hip, 6 core CPU, 5 core GPU for 18% faster performance, 16 core Neural Engine
- 12 MP rear main camera and 12 MP ultra-wide camera technology: 2 times optical zoom out and up to 5 times digital zoom out, smart HDR 4, portrait lighting with six effects (natural, studio, contour, stage, mono, high-key mono)
- True Tone
- Haptic Touch
- 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- 800 nits max brightness (typical); 1200 nits peak brightness (HDR)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Security: emergency SOS via satellite and crash detection
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
The two highest variants no longer feature a ‘bangs screen’, but instead become a ‘perforated screen’ aka a punch hole as a place for the front camera and supporting components for Face ID.
Arguably the most important iOS 16 feature is the ability to unsend messages or edit them after they’re sent. Once someone has sent a message in the Messages app, they have 15 minutes to edit or unsend it. iPhone owners also can customize their lock screens with new fonts and smaller widgets similar to what’s available on Apple Watch.