If you’re looking for a comprehensive guide to operating your D300, look no further than the official Nikon D300 manual. With proper usage, there is less risk of damage, and you’ll learn how to get the most out of it.
Please be sure to read and save the entire manual before setting up or using your Nikon D300. Misuse may damage the unit or cause harm or serious injury. Download the manual and save it for future reference.
There are a number of reasons why you might want to read the manual for the Nikon D300:
- To learn about the camera’s features and functions: The manual will provide a detailed overview of the camera’s various settings and options, including its shooting modes, focus modes, and exposure controls.
- To troubleshoot problems: If you are experiencing issues with your camera, the manual may be able to help you diagnose and fix the problem.
- To get the most out of your camera: Reading the manual can help you understand how to use the camera to its full potential, allowing you to take better photos and videos.
- To understand how to use new features: If you are upgrading to the D300 from an older camera, or if you are new to photography, the manual can help you understand how to use the camera’s new features and functions.
Nikon D300 Features
The Nikon D300 Digital SLR is the successor to the D200, which was introduced way back in 2005. This upgrade isn’t evolutionary in nature, it was a totally new camera. The D300 is the third-generation product of Nikon’s successful semi-pro series which started off with the D100 back in early 2002.
- 12.3-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor
- Self-cleaning sensor unit (low-pass filter vibration)
- ISO 200 – 3200 (6400 with boost)
- 14-bit A/D conversion
- Nikon EXPEED image processor (Capture NX processing and NR algorithms, lower power)
- Superfast operation (power-up 13 ms, shutter lag 45 ms, black-out 100 ms)
- Shutter life 150,000 exposures
- New Multi-CAM3500DX Auto Focus sensor (51-point, 15 cross-type, more vertical coverage)
- Auto-focus tracking by color (using information from 1005-pixel AE sensor)
- Auto-focus calibration (fine-tuning) is now available (fixed body or up to 20 separate lens settings)
- Scene Recognition System (uses AE sensor, AF sensor)
- Picture Control image parameter presets (replace Color Modes I, II, and III)
- Custom image parameters now support brightness as well as contrast
- Six frames per second continuous shooting (eight frames per second with battery pack)
- Compact Flash UDMA support
- 3.0″ 922,000 pixel LCD monitor
- Live View with either phase detect (mirror up/down) or contrast-detect Auto Focus
- HDMI HD video output
- ‘Active D-Lighting’ (adjusts metering as well as applying D-Lighting curve)
- Detailed ‘Control Panel’ type display on the LCD monitor, changes color in darkness
- The New MB-D10 vertical grip fully integrates into the body, multi-battery type compatible
- Buttons sealed against moisture
Included in the box:
- Nikon D300 body with body cap, eyepiece cap, eyecup, and LCD monitor cover.
- EN-EL3e lithium-ion battery and MH-18a quick charger.
- AN-D300 neck strap.
- UC-E4 USB cable.
- EG-D100 video cable.
- Nikon Software Suite CD-ROM.
- Nikon D300 manual and Quick Guide.
- Registration kit.
|We also have Nikon manuals for-|