The Nikon D300 Digital SLR is the successor to the D200, which was introduced way back in 2005. This upgrade isn’t evolutionary in nature, it was a totally new camera. The D300 is the third-generation product of Nikon’s successful semi-pro series which started off with the D100 back in early 2002.
Getting the most out of your D300 requires some understanding of how to use it. That’s where having the owner’s manual comes in handy. With proper usage, there is less risk of damage, and you’ll learn how to get the most out of it.
Please be sure to read and save the entire manual before setting up or using your Nikon D300. Misuse may damage the unit and/or cause harm or serious injury. Download the manual and save it for future reference.
|Rugged construction with magnesium alloy body and full environmental sealing||51-point Auto-area AF mode is a bit slow for this caliber camera|
|Gorgeous, high-resolution 3-inch LCD||No in-body Image Stabilization system|
|The scene Recognition System works very well||No full Auto mode (but this is a professional-level camera, so not expected either)|
- 12.3-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor
- Self-cleaning sensor unit (low-pass filter vibration)
- ISO 200 – 3200 (6400 with boost)
- 14-bit A/D conversion
- Nikon EXPEED image processor (Capture NX processing and NR algorithms, lower power)
- Superfast operation (power-up 13 ms, shutter lag 45 ms, black-out 100 ms)
- Shutter life 150,000 exposures
- New Multi-CAM3500DX Auto Focus sensor (51-point, 15 cross-type, more vertical coverage)
- Auto-focus tracking by color (using information from 1005-pixel AE sensor)
- Auto-focus calibration (fine-tuning) is now available (fixed body or up to 20 separate lens settings)
- Scene Recognition System (uses AE sensor, AF sensor)
- Picture Control image parameter presets (replace Color Modes I, II, and III)
- Custom image parameters now support brightness as well as contrast
- Six frames per second continuous shooting (eight frames per second with battery pack)
- Compact Flash UDMA support
- 3.0″ 922,000 pixel LCD monitor
- Live View with either phase detect (mirror up/down) or contrast-detect Auto Focus
- HDMI HD video output
- ‘Active D-Lighting’ (adjusts metering as well as applying D-Lighting curve)
- Detailed ‘Control Panel’ type display on the LCD monitor, changes color in darkness
- The New MB-D10 vertical grip fully integrates into the body, multi-battery type compatible
- Buttons sealed against moisture
Included in the box:
- Nikon D300 body with body cap, eyepiece cap, eyecup, and LCD monitor cover.
- EN-EL3e lithium-ion battery and MH-18a quick charger.
- AN-D300 neck strap.
- UC-E4 USB cable.
- EG-D100 video cable.
- Nikon Software Suite CD-ROM.
- Nikon D300 manual and Quick Guide.
- Registration kit.