The PowerFlex 40 is an Adjustable Frequency AC Drive. They’re a type of general-purpose AC drive that comes in a small package to maximize application adaptability and panel area. They’re made to be simple to operate, with strong and dynamic motor speed control in a small, space-saving package.
Getting the most out of your Powerflex requires some understanding of how to use it. That’s where having the owner’s manual comes in handy. With proper usage, there is less risk of damage, and you’ll learn how to get the most out of it.
For safe and optimum performance, Powerflex 40 parameters must be set properly. Carefully read and follow all instructions and guidelines in this manual and give special attention to the CAUTION and WARNING statements.
- Ambient temperatures up to 50 °C (122 °F) are permitted with minimal spacing between drives
- Zero Stacking™ Drives for ambient temperatures up to 40 °C (104°F)
- V/Hz and sensorless vector control, as well as process PID
- Integral RS-485 communication
- An optional serial converter module for use with any controller with DF1 messaging
- Optional DeviceNet™, ControlNet™, EtherNet/IP™, Profibus DP, BACnet™, and LonWorks® communication modules
- Drive overload protection, ramp regulation, and flying start
- StepLogic® allows operation as an independent position controller
- Configuration and programming via integral LCD keypad, remote keypad, or software
- Powerflex 40 manual
Powerflex 40 Specifications
|Phase Rating||3 Phase Input – 3 Phase Output|
|Enclosure Rating||IP 20|
|Horsepower Rating||2 HP|
|Rated Voltage||460 V|
|Rated Amps||4 A|