If you’re looking for a comprehensive guide to operating the IC-705, look no further than the official Icom IC-705 manual. It can help you troubleshoot problems, customize settings, and optimize its performance. With proper usage, there is less risk of damage, and you’ll learn how to get the most out of it.
For safe and optimum performance, the IC-705 must be used properly. Carefully read and follow all instructions and guidelines in this manual and give special attention to the CAUTION and WARNING statements. Misuse may damage the unit or cause harm or serious injury.
Icom 705 features
The Icom IC-705 portable HF/VHF/UHF transceiver from Icom Inc. has many great features such as an SDR platform, internal battery, GPS, Bluetooth, and D-STAR, all in a compact and lightweight body. The Icom 705 uses the same 4.3-inch color touchscreen display as the best-selling IC-7300 and IC-9700 featuring a real-time spectrum scope and waterfall display.
- HF/50/144/430 MHz Multimode Operation
- RF Direct Sampling System
- Real-Time Spectrum Scope and Waterfall Display
- Large Touch Screen Colour Display
- Compact and Lightweight Design
- BP-272 Li-ion Battery Pack or 13.8 V DC External Power Supply
- Maximum Output Power 5 W (BP-272), 10 W (13.8 V DC)
- Supports Connections Using WLAN/Bluetooth® Technologies
- GPS Functions
- microSD Card Slot
- Micro USB Connector
- D-STAR Functions
- Programmable Speaker/Microphone
- Optional LC-192 Backpack, Ideal for Field Operations
HF/50/144/430 MHz ALL MODE
- From HF to 50/144/430 MHz, you can enjoy a variety of bands in D-STAR DV,
SSB, CW, AM, and FM modes. The IC-705 receives continuously from the
medium wave broadcast band to 144 MHz band. You can also enjoy FM
broadcast and airband reception
RF Direct Sampling System
- The IC-705 uses the RF direct sampling method* matured in the IC-7300,
IC-7610, and IC-9700. This method greatly reduces distortion. The high-speed
/high-resolution real-time spectrum scope and waterfall display are incorporated
into a compact design for the first time in this class.
* Down-conversion IF sampling method for 25 MHz and above
Real-Time Spectrum Scope and Waterfall Display
- The IC-705 inherits the performance and functions of the highly-acclaimed IC-7300
and IC-9700 scopes. You can visually figure out the band condition and check clear
frequencies. It takes you to the next level beyond traditional field operations.
Large Touch Screen Color Display
- The large 4.3-inch touchscreen color display is the same size as the one used in
the IC-7300 and IC-9700. It dramatically improves visibility and operability in the
Compact and Lightweight Design
- “Base station radio” performance and functions are packaged in a compact size of
approximately 20 cm, 7.9 in (W) × 8 cm, 3.1in (H) × 8.5 cm, 3.3 in (D). The weight is
approximately 1 kg (excluding the battery pack and antenna). Its compact and lightweight design enables you to hold it with one hand.
BP-272 Battery Pack or 13.8 V DC External Power Supply
- The BP-272 Li-ion battery pack comes with the IC-705. This is the same battery pack
used in the ID-51 and ID-31 handheld transceivers. Of course, a 13.8 V DC external
power supply can be used, too.
Max. Output Power 10 W (13.8 V DC), 5 W (BP-272) Supports QRP/QRPp Operations
- Despite being a portable radio, it achieves the maximum output power of 10 W with a 13.8 V DC external power supply. When the standard BP-272 Li-ion battery pack is used, operation at the maximum output power of 5 W is possible.
- True 5 watt QRP as well as 0.5 watt QRPp are supported.
Bluetooth and Wireless LAN
- Bluetooth® and wireless LAN are built-in. They can be used for smartphone linking and remote control, and also for Bluetooth® headsets.
GPS Antenna and GPS Logger
- A high-performance GPS antenna is incorporated. You can send and receive location information while communicating in the D-STAR DV mode. This high-performance GPS enables various functions such as GPS log function and repeater search function.
microSD Card Slot
- The IC-705 is equipped with a microSD card* slot that can be used for rmware
upgrades, programming, and so on, as well as voice recordings and saving GPS
* microSD card is not supplied.
Full-Equipped D-STAR Functions
- The IC-705 is fully equipped with functions to enjoy D-STAR comfortably, such as
the DR function and Terminal Mode/Access Point Mode. In addition, you can send/receive and view saved photos using only the IC-705 without any application software.
IC-705 Supplied Accessories
- HM-243 Speaker Microphone
- BP-272 Battery Pack
- OPC-2421 DC Power Cable
Optional Backpack, LC-192, Ideal for Field Operations
- The IC-705 fits perfectly in the optional dedicated LC-192 multi-function backpack. It has various functions, such as holes for the antenna and holes for passing through coaxial and microphone cables. You can easily operate the IC-705 with it in the backpack.