Bell Fibe TV is quickly becoming the standard in home TV and internet services. Bell Fibe TV is an IP-based television service offered by Bell Canada in the provinces of Ontario and Quebec. Gigabit speeds combined with any-device access is a truly compelling offering. Once installed, new Fibe TV users will want to read the Getting Started Guide.
With Fibe TV, only your first receiver needs to be wired. Your additional TVs – up to 5 – are connected through Bell’s new wireless receiver, which means you can put them just about anywhere you want. With Bell, you decide where you put your TV, not the old cable outlet.
Features of Bell Fibe TV:
- Whole-Home PVR: a brand name also used by many of Bell’s competitors. It describes a system where all receivers in a household are connected together via a local network. This allows viewers to record, pause, and playback content from any room in the house.
- Fibe TV PVRs can store up to 320 hours of HD content or 150 hours of 4K content with the 4K PVR (5662) or 160 hours of HD content with the PVR (2262). Hours-capacity is doubled for SD (standard definition) 480p channels 1-999.
- Fibe TV On Demand: a VOD service with over 1000 titles, including movies & TV series
- Ability to search for programs by title, cast members, or a simple keyword search. The electronic program guide has 14 days’ worth of listings and allows viewers to customize the display to show their favorite channels.
- Picture in picture browsing and channel surfing: viewers can watch one channel and browse other channels or channel listings.
- Changing channels happens with virtually no delay compared to satellite service.
- For every standard definition channel subscribed to, customers receive the HD version (when available) at no extra charge in Ontario. Since the programming options are different in Québec, HD channels are included in “The Basic” package but need to be selected separately for any “A La Carte” option.
- TV-based apps such as Netflix, Youtube (4K PVR only), Stingray Music, TSN Extra, or The Weather Network.
Bell Fibe wireless features
- Wireless connectivity
- Extend PVR functionality to all your TVs
- Pause a recording in one room and pick it up in another
- New Fibe remote control included
- Record 4 shows at the same time
- Enjoy the largest HD recording capacity – as much as 100 hours
- 16:9 aspect ratio
- 5.1 Dolby Digital sound
- Dimensions: 8.1cm (H) x 24.5cm (W) x 16.5cm (D)
- Weight: 0.5kg
The new Fibe Wireless TV feature also means you can move your TV anywhere, anytime. Move it wherever you want without drilling holes or plugging in a bunch of cables. Since Wifi is used, reception to your base router/modem is critical.