The Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1400 Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) system is a platform for small-scale industrial applications. These PLCs come in 2 variants, with 16 or 32 I/Os whereby the users can select models with a different number of inputs and outputs. MicroLogix 1400 offers an isolated RS232C/ RS485 combination port; a non-isolated RS232C port; and an RJ-45 port for 10/100 Mbps Ethernet/IP peer-to-peer messaging, DNP3 over IP, and Modbus TCP/IP protocol.
Before you install, configure, operate, or maintain your PLC, users are advised to read this information that is critical for successful application and understanding of the product. That’s where having the owner’s manual comes in handy. With proper usage, there is less risk of damage, and you’ll learn how to get the most out of it.
To prevent any injury to the user or any damage to the instrument it is essential that you consult the Micrologix 1400 manual. For safe and optimum performance, the controller must be used properly. Carefully read and follow all guidelines in this manual and give special attention to the CAUTION and WARNING statements. Use this manual if you are responsible for designing, installing, programming, or troubleshooting control systems that use MicroLogix 1400 controllers.
- Ethernet port provides Web server capability, email capability, and protocol support for DNP3 protocol support
- Built-in LCD with backlight lets you view controller and I/O status
- Built-in LCD provides a simple interface for messages, bit/integer monitoring, and manipulation
- Expands application capabilities through support for as many as seven 1762 MicroLogix Expansion I/O modules with 256 discrete I/O
- As many as six embedded 100 kHz high-speed counters (only on controllers with DC inputs)
- Two serial ports with DF1, DH-485, Modbus RTU, DNP3, and ASCII protocol support
- 10 KB words in user program memory with 10 KB words in user data memory)
- Up to 128 KB for data logging and 64 KB for recipe